We design, fabricate and install bespoke radar towers for a number of customers across the UK, primarily those operating within the defence, meteorological and civil aviation sectors.
From initial conception through site surveys to final design, fabrication and installation, as well as ongoing maintenance, we provide a full turnkey service. What’s more, we don’t rely on ‘off the shelf’ solutions. We work closely with our customers to understand what they need, ensuring that our radar towers are designed and manufactured to their precise requirements.
We have designed, fabricated and installed a number of bespoke radar towers across the UK. Our most recent contract was for a 30m 4-leg tube and angle structure with an internal staircase and a working platform on all four sides at the top of the tower. This unique design can also be adapted to suit 10m, 15m and 20m versions. The top section of the towers will support a cabin where all the electrical components are housed.
We have experienced teams of designers, project managers, steel fabricators, civils and installation teams who will look after every aspect of the project from start to finish, meaning you have greater control from the very start of any project, knowing that you will be working with one supplier for that turnkey solution.
Uses of Radar Towers
Our radar towers offer flexibility in terms of design and allow for upgrades as required. They are hot dip galvanised, a factory controlled metallurgical combination of zinc and steel which provides corrosion resistance in a wide variety of environments. This is particularly important given the extreme weather conditions to which many of these radar towers are subjected.
They also offer excellent stability, wind resistance and ease of access for maintenance, servicing and structural upgrades with, as always, safety of paramount importance when considering the final design.
LARS radar towers support radar systems for air traffic control, search and rescue, weather forecasting, sea and ground surveillance and moving target indication.
- Flexibility in terms of upgrades
- Excellent stability
- Wind resistance
- Ease of access
- Meeting all safety requirements
Why LARS Communications?
- Initial planning, including site acquisition and planning permission.
- Using the latest CAD software, we design bespoke towers to our customers’ exact requirements.
- Our fully equipped, in-house fabrication workshop has the capability to fabricate a range of masts and towers as well as an array of ancillary steelwork.
- We are certified under the CE marking scheme, Execution Class 2.
- Experienced teams of civils and groundworkers for tower and cabin foundation works; ducting, trenching and chambers; compound fencing and finishing works; earthing and lightning protection.
- We are certified with the FCS1331 Site Engineering Accredited Scheme.
- Our rigging teams are highly trained and qualified and are approved by all major site providers in the UK.
- We undertake tower and site inspections, undertaking annual Safe to Climb inspections and Certification on towers and structures.
- We undertake structural analysis and general design checks on masts and towers, providing detailed inspection and design reports to suit.
- We provide a comprehensive range of structural upgrades from tower strengthening and remedial works, to ladder, staircase and platform installations.